Is anyone at all planning to celebrate this Samhain with a ritual?

If so would you please, please include my family in your ritual blessings? I am begging, we desperately need them. Please do not include us in any christian blessings or prayers, you would only be wasting your time. I reject any and all blessings of a christian nature, as you people are f...ing nutcases. Sane blessings from a natural place requested ONLY!!!!! Thanks so very much! BLESSED BE!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was going to consider it, but i do not like your comment about the Christians. What a good way to misrepresent Pagans in general.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• In our family, we have a big meal, and set food outside for passing souls. We also make 'straw' gods to protect us throughout the winter. Since it is our 'new year', we also discuss what changes we'd like to make and set new goals. We do the trick or treat stuff, too.

IDEAS

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Wow, I take blessings from who ever wants to give them. I know that R&B section gets wound up tighter than a two dollar watch but I wouldn't go so far as to say every Christian is like that. Heck most of the Christians I know IRL and on CM are very intelligent and really do care. There are some in every religion who are overbearing.   As long as people are giving a blessing to help something specific in my life, I will gladly accept it. Now if they say they hope I find God or hope I turn from my wicked ways then yea, the claws come out. But for the most part if I need a blessing for something specific, like I am sick or having problems, I take them all no matter what the source.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I will gladly add you and yours in our ritual Blessing on Samhain. No worries.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think it would be nice to get blessings from all religions. It couldn't hurt for all people to wish well for you. I hope all is well for you anyway.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 1:02 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Are you joking? You are asking for blessings and then bad mouthing another faith in the same post? Blessings are great, but when you create your own positive energy it will go much further. From what I can see you aren't doing that at all! I will keep you in mind and ask that you learn some tolerance for the beliefs of others. It's posts like this that make Pagans look bad!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I am not sure what kind of blessings you are looking for, but a Samhain ritual is not likely to be the best time for a general blessing for your family (which is all we could offer without knowing your problems). I am guessing you don't know much about the holiday of Samhain. General good energy can be sent out by Pagans at any time of course, but the focus of Samhain makes it not the most likely time for Pagans to be performing general blessings. I am sorry that your experience with Christians has been negative, but you can reject those blessings yourself, without insulting people. That kind unpleasantness is unlikely to make many people feel a lot of empathy for you, even if they too have had unpleasant experiences with Christians.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Ummm... no, I won't include you and your family! Samhain is a time to honor the dead and our ancestors anyway.. I don't see how your family fits with that.

I would say I would send you some Reiki energy, but your post really turned me off, as it appears to have offended others. Asking for blessings in the same post you call people F***ing nutcases is really weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Is there a pagan text somewhere that saying being hateful and discriminatory is useful? Gonna vote no. Times 3 hunny bunny.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009