I just need some words of encouragement, prayers...

I feel so awful right now. For those of you that don't know me, I was diagnosed with advanced cervical cancer (squamous cell carcinoma) on Sept. 8th. I am in such pain and my son is just in another world. He has taken 6 hours to do his homework. He doesn't want to get in trouble or detention for not finishing but I know his mind is on my sickness and how sometimes, I am not the same mom. I can't wait til he goes to his room and closes his door so that I can just cry, sob and beg God to let me live. If not then to just please relieve my pain. I hurt, I'm scared, I'm sad and mad. If God is going to take me then why in this manner? Everyone says he doesn't give us anything we can not handle. I am having a hard time being mom,dad, friend and cancer patient (sufferer). I have been wanting to have just a good, long sloppy, sniveling cry! I haven't even gone into treatment and I am already tired of the pain!!!!!

ItsMeGigi69

Asked by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You might want to pray to St Peregrine Laziosi. He is the Patron saint of cancer. He has an inspirational story.

" St Peregrine Laziosi 1260-1335
    Seven Saints for Healing and Comfort The Patron Saint of Cancer

Peregrine Laziosi's conversion came about in the middle of a street brawl. He was one of the young hotheads of Forli, an Italian town that had sided with the holy Roman emperor in his power struggle with the Pope. The priest St. Philip Benizi was dispatched to urge the Forlians to come back to the Church. Peregrine Laziosi charged across the piazza, grabbed the front of St. Philip's religious habit, and struck him hard across the face. In response Philip turned the other cheek, waiting for another blow. Faced with such perfect Christ-like meekness, Peregrine's rage turned to shame. He joined St. Philip's religious order and became a Servite priest."
    Continued...

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I'm so sorry, but just keep your faith and this is something that could bring you and your son together, don't drift apart. Maybe he needs a cry too. Why don't you guys hold each other and comfort each other. It might be good for both of you. This will make both of you stronger. Just know that God is with you and your son and turn to one another and God for support...I will have you in my prayers. Stay strong, you sound like a wonderful mom.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Can I pm you ? I am a christian btw !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I really don't want to PM, right now because it takes me too long to answer and express myself. I want to read more then type. Thank you Shaneagle, I have seen you here a lot. Please don't take offense, even moms on my friend list have probably noticed I have signed off chat. I am not trying to be rude. I am just so tired and in this physical and emotional pain that I am letting consume me!. I want to be my old self again, funny and happy. I try so hard to but today has just been one of those days.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Gigi. We all love you so much. I know I am thinking about you all the time and every time I do I say a prayer for you and for Alex.
    I agree with the other poster who said to talk some more with Alex. He is a smart kid and probably knows more than you think he does. If you can talk together and talk about how scared you both are I think it would be good for both of you.
    We ♥ you and know you will get through this. The Biggest hugs for you and Alex.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh honey I am so sorry. My grandfather had cervical cancer and my grandmother has had both breast cancer and skin cancer. I do hope that the doctors have given you a positive outlook on it and that treatment is a viable option for you. Hang in there!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• continued...
    "For many years Peregrine suffered from an acute pain in his right leg. It was eventually found to be cancer. In a last-ditch effort to save the priest's life, the physician planned to amputate. The night before surgery, the suffering Peregrine dragged himself to the life-size crucifix that hung in the monastery. He sat at the foot of the cross and prayed until he fell asleep, dreaming of Christ climbing down from the cross and touching his cancerous limb. When he awoke, the wound on his knee had healed and not a trace of the cancer remained."

♥
    Nathskitten

• Hi Gigi.
    It's nice to see you here asking for prayers. You know i think of you daily. I send all the positive energy i can to you. I pray that you will get better. I pray that you will find the strength that you need and that if you cannot then that God will give it to you.
    I know we have had some differences, but i hope you can tell that my heart goes out to you and your son. And i hope that you know that i do what i can and that if you need anything all you have to do is ask.

God Bless you gigi.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Just hang in there Gigi. Make sure you and your son both keep your faith in God, don't let this shake your belief. Everything happens for a reason, and no matter what, God is there with you step-by-step through this whole thing. He will not abandon you. He answers prayers in his own time, and we may never know why these things happen, but He has his own plan for us. Be strong, and talk to your son, it sounds like he needs it right now and you do too. Keeping you in my prayers.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Hello Gigi. I may not pray the same way but I will light a candle for you and your son.
    Talk to your son, find a support group for you both. Keep asking us questions, post journals. I don't want you to think for one second that you are alone because you are not. We are here Mama. Sending loving postive energy your way.
    Blessed Be
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2009