tylenol recall?

have you heard about this? And whats with this bacteria they found in it?

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/health/2009/09/tylenol-recalls-childrens-liquid-medication-drug-safety-.html#more?INTKEY=I95BBE0

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• You may have heard that McNeil Consumer Healthcare (the makers of TYLENOL®) is voluntarily recalling certain lots of Children's and Infants' TYLENOL® liquid products that were manufactured between April, 2008 and June, 2008. All products manufactured met internal specifications. However, the company is implementing this recall because during this period, an unused portion of one inactive ingredient did not meet all quality standards. Therefore, as a precautionary measure, it was decided to recall all Children's and Infants' TYLENOL® liquid products listed below, which were made during this time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yup, the raw ingredient had traces of the bacteria in it, they heat it in processing, the bacteria probably died. I have yet to hear about a child getting sick from it, it is a completely voluntary recall.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I've been unable to find an answer to this question: Is it specifically brand name Tylenol? I always buy store brands, and am wondering if they are affected as well. Since I've not been able to find anything about it, I am believing that the products in my home are safe. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2009