is it wrong to have food stamp?

Who deserve food stamps people who has low income right ?

ranay375

Asked by ranay375 at 1:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• No it's not wrong
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yes people who do not make enough money to support themselves and their family. They may work and get food stamps because of poor pay rates.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh and it's totally acceptable for food stamps to be given to those in need.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If you apply for them & honestly answer all the questions & they qualify you then obviously you should have some!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• nothing wrong with them. they are there to help meet the needs of the people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I do not think that it is wrong to have food stamps, growing up we did a time or 2 we where on food stamps. But if you are working at a low paying job(because you do not want to really work) or not working at all then yes it is wrong. Why are the hard working people of this country feeding you? Because you are too lazy to get a job!!! (This is not directed at you just people who ride the system) if you are on food stamps and you have the best job that you can get or the only job that is avalibal to you and you need the help ten go for it but I don’t like to think of all the people out there who have government pay for everything for them from food, to there house, to cloths. Becauser they do not want to work.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 1:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• nope not at all especially in this bad economy and ppl who get them for low income shouldnt be ashamed....
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My husband lost his Job last Nov. I lost mine in Jan. We can not find work now, I have applied to over 125 jobs and my husband is reaching the 200 mark. We even apply for places that are not hiring in hopes something might come open. To get by we are getting food stamps. We both are doing odd jobs to pay the basic bills. If it was not for food stamps we would not have power or water.
    If you really need them to get by untill you get on your feet again, I say do it, keep your family healthy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If you truly need them, then no its not wrong.

If you are on them because your to lazy to get off your butt and find a job (if you actually can work and are just choosing not to because you don't feel like it), and would rather live off of PA, then yes its wrong.

My DF and I are on them because we don't have any other choice right now. But I don't plan on being on them forever.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 5:57 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• me and my hubbs both finally got jobs, sure they are both min wage so we still qualify and it helps a ton to have some money for food when we need to cover our rent and electric and gas for our cars. but at least we are taking whatever work we can get right now
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 6:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2009