right or wrong?

i have 2 friends that are both getting married on halloween of this year. i also have a 2 year old son and im so excited that this year will be his first real trick-or-treat...he will be able to do the walking himself and react to the other t-o-t's. so is it wrong to tell both of the B2B's that i will be attending the weddings, but regretfully will not be attending the receptions? i know this is not that serious, but i love both of these ladies. the weddings are timed out far enough apart, that i can attend both and really want to go to all the festivities...but even so, im cant even choose between the 2 receptions...any advice???

brodysmama23

Asked by brodysmama23 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know which reception you should pick, but I think both brides would understand that you want to take baby boy trick or treating. :)
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• weddings, receptions, relationships come and go. go to the weddings, your child when you take him trick or treating will last forever.No it is not a silly question, it is a new question for you. So start your pattern as a parent now!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 1:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I agree that you should take your son! It will be fun. The ceremony is the important part the reception is just the party. you will remember the first halloween with him forever
    missrenee77

Answer by missrenee77 at 1:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I'd skip the receptions.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Skip the receptions... they will have plenty other get together but this is your baby first halloween so its picture time!
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 2:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I don't think there's anything wrong with telling both brides that you love them BOTH dearly and you are so excited to get to see them get married, and how special that is. But that because you love them both dearly, there's no way you could choose between them as far as whose reception to go to. Tell them both that you hope when they get back from their honeymoon (if they're going on one), that they will let you take them (or them and their new dh) out to dinner (or lunch, or whatever) so that you can have the chance to celebrate their marriage with them then :-)

Then stay home and take your son trick or treating :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:40 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• sailorwifenmom
    I don't think there's anything wrong with telling both brides that you love them BOTH dearly and you are so excited to get to see them get married, and how special that is. But that because you love them both dearly, there's no way you could choose between them as far as whose reception to go to. Tell them both that you hope when they get back from their honeymoon (if they're going on one), that they will let you take them (or them and their new dh) out to dinner (or lunch, or whatever) so that you can have the chance to celebrate their marriage with them then :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I LOVE this and agree! Very nice!
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 3:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Trick or treating, all the way! I'm sure the girls will understand! and if not now, after they have kids of their own...
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 3:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think you should take your little one trick or treating. I think your friends will understand, you are probably not the only friend among them that is choosing to tick or treat with the kids. The Brides must have considered it Possible that some of the parents invited would be unable to attend due to family commitments. It is a very nice gesture to offer to meet for drinks, or lunch, when the ladies return from any honeymoon trips. I would make it a special point to attend any bachelorette gatherings, to celebrate this special occasion. Enjoy your little one while he is little, you can't replace his first "real" Holloween.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 7:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• op- i think that plan is fair to both of them, stick with it and enjoy the t-o-t-ing!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2009