Army Wives

Is anyone else addicted to the tv show Army Wives?

dolphinkisses

Asked by dolphinkisses at 1:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope. I am an Army Wife. Never seen the show. Dont want to. I live it everyday. I'd probably hate the show.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• No, but Im in the Army. I prefer not to watch it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I love the show. I'm an Air Force wife, and I have watched the show from day one. It is a kinda decent portrayal of a military lifestyle, but there are some things that are really not the way they show it, at least not in my experiences. But I do LOVE the show!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Im not addicted. I do like it. I am an Army Wife also, so sometimes I think some scenes are a little funny at how unrealistic they are. but yes, I like it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I tried to watch it, and tried to give it a fair chance. But, after being in the Navy, and being a Navy wife for so long (between the 2, over 19 yrs now), and having many friends and family in the Army (and having lived on an Army base), I have to say, I just can't watch it.

There are some good parts, but then they just take it to that next level for the "Hollywood take" that I find insulting and so inaccurate that it just kills the show for me. The scene where the pg wife with 2 little kids (several seasons ago) was being kicked out of her base house right after her dh was killed, and NOBODY on base knew or cared or was doing anything (not to mention that she was being kicked out like that to begin with..) was the final straw for me with the show...

I've heard the book it's based on is good though :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yep, it is one of my favorite shows.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2009