Ideas on decor PLEASE!!!

Here's my dilemma:
I have a toddler who'll be 3 by the time her little sister is born. They'll be sharing a room because we're renting. SO... How do you decorate a room that'll be shared by 2 little girls? Mylie wants anything Tinkerbell, and I'm not a big fan of the color pink (we're more purple lovers). I did Mylie's nursery in Classic Winne-The-Pooh (Pastel Lavender and Sage) and still have all the decor... Debating on being frugal and re-using it... Help! Lol.

MrsJaehn

Asked by MrsJaehn at 1:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• do a disney theme and reuse the poo stuff. Then get tinkerbell and other disney characters for the older one and anyplace it is cheap to replace the LO's stuff.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• use what you have and get things as you go why do you need a theme? buy purple everything they can share
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• do a half and half room lol one side is baby's reusing the classic pooh (which I love BTW) and do that other in Tink. All the decor I have ever seen for Tink was mostly purple and green with very little pink so I dont see how pink will be a big issue for you.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• keep the colors and incorporate tinkerbell in the room, they're both girls, so they'll love it. If money is an object then keep it as is. they're newborn and 3 they're not going to care that winnie is on the wall. That way you'll have time to save up to change their room around when they're older and have outgrown winnie the pooh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I say go with a girly disney theme-- pain the walls a color that compliments both your nursery Pooh and Tinkerbell-- and then put up Pooh on the baby's side and Tinkerbell on your older child's side. My 3 boys share a room, and we painted the walls different colors (as my 2 older boys did not like the same colors), and put up wall decorations that represented each child.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2009