how many c sections have you had?

or know of personally, 1st hand?

I am curious how many a woman can safely have before it's deemed dangerous or even impossible.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• I have 7 c-sections, and I just met a wonderful lady, who has had 8 c-sections. She was braver than I, she had them every 2 years and her doctor feels she is still healthy to have more. She will turn 40 this year.

I had 3 c sections in 3 and 1/2 years then waited 5 years and had another one, waited 2 years another one, waited 5 years another one, then another one in 4 years. There are 22 years between my oldest and youngest.

haha, people always ask me , all with the same man, so for those of you who are curious , yes all with my husband. We just realized yesterday, We have always had a child under 6 years old for the past 27 years and still another year to go before my youngest turns 6.
    mommios8

Answer by mommios8 at 5:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• PS - Don't say why you had 'em... I don't want this to get all debate-y and bitchy.

oh... I've had 2 out of 2 babies c sectioned. .... When #3 comes along we're praying for the nerve to do a HBAC
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i dont know anyone whos had more that 2..i dont think it would become dangerous until like the 4-5 one...but then again what do i know..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I have heard it becomes dangerous after 3. But it's still possible ofcourse to have more. I do know they say every one you have comes with more risk... due to scarring and such you may not heal right... and you are more at risk of having placenta problems.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i had csec with both my girls.
    but i think its only dangerus when they are back to back in less then a year
    queenamy

Answer by queenamy at 2:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I've had 1, my dr told me that day no more that 3, and maybe not even that many...because of scar tissue!
    norasmom1229

Answer by norasmom1229 at 2:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• ive had one but my dr also said being young it will be as though i never had one. i think the number is really based on how long you space them out and let your body heal.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I've had one, I've heard of people having 4 but that is rare. The usually stop at 3 because of the scarring and such from my understanding
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:12 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• 1 cesction then 4 naturally. My cousin had 3 csections and was told that any more would be risky but I was reading that one of the Kennedys I think Ethel maybe had alot of them.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 5:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I have had 3 and will be having my 4th c-section in november
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2009