(tmi) embarassing question about my vagina!

i just woke up to a sharp pain in my vagina! it is very uncomfortable (kind of stings like i'm being poked with something sharp)! could this be me "dropping" because i have also experience dull lower back pain on and off for two days now! i am only 35 weeks! anybody know what would cause sharp pains in the vagina?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The sharp pain could be the baby laying on a nerve. I know that happened with me quite a bit during the last few weeks with both my son and my daughter. It can also cause the back pain. Try different positions of laying down to get baby to move.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 6:13 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• pressure of the baby. Its normal, doesnt mean babies dropping. Even if your baby drops you could be hours to weeks from having him/her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• what anon said. But seriously if this Q embarrases you to ask, what the heck are you going to do when everyone and their mother is looking at it in the hospital. It wont only be your Dr I guarentee u that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• its just pressure from the baby. its ok and normal. you will feel it often, and its fine, its not a sign on anything
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 3:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• OP here - it will not be a crowded room at all! i paid for a private room and have been guarenteed only my doctor, her nurse, and my husband are permitted in the room during delivery (unless it is a c-section emergency)! due to personal issues i am not very open about nudity around others and it is extremely hard for me to talk about personal matters with my own body, hence anonymous question! i do want to thank you all for your answers though! it has been very much appreciated!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• They can't guarantee that only 3 people will be in there. I dont think ANON meant other people's families and dh's seeing, I believe she means nurses and such. They are allowed to be in there if needed. You will have more than one nurse caring for you and walking in and out even during pushing. Shes just telling you it may be like that no matter what they 'guarantee' you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yes, even in a private room
    Anonymous

• OP here - again, it wont be a crowded room at all! you are all probably thinking of an actual L&D section of a normal hospital but i will not be delivering there, i have a private room in a private birthing hospital! i am paying big bucks for this i should know what i am talking about and what kind of services i will be receiving tyvm! now please, if you do not have feedback for my question could you kindly not post? this is a serious question that i have, which is already hard enough to be asking in the first place! please and thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2009