whitish discharge in early pregnancy

im 4 weeks pregnant but been having white discharge the whole time!
like ovulation whitish discharge
did you have it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yup. As long as its not offensive smelling its normal. My discharge increased throughout the entire pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Normal. Get used to the discharge, it will continue to increase until you deliver (so I'm told. I haven't reached delivery yet I'm 35w 3d but the discharge has increased for me to the point of having to wear pads now because it is heavy enough to leak through clothing...I know, TMI, but it's true & I wish people had been as open about that pregnancy side-effect sooner lol). The joys of pregnancy! Your only concern when it comes to discharge is anything that has an odd smell or texture (something that would be cause for concern at anytime, not just pregnancy) or that is tinged with blood prior to your 3rd trimester. When you see your OB ask them to give you an overview on what types of discharge should be of concern. Basically anything creamy white or clear is completely normal.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:30 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Most of the time this discharge is due to candida infection which is due to change in body PH during pregnancy.It would be best for You and a baby to eat more vegetables ,drink water with lemon so You will raise the PH.It would help You with morning sickness or lower the feeling of being hungry.
    It would keep Candida in control so less discharge also.Win Win situation.Good Luck
    FitKidMom

Answer by FitKidMom at 4:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2009