Are there any older moms starting over?How You like it

FitKidMom

Asked by FitKidMom at 5:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• you mean kid wise? I was 36 when I had my last. I now have a soon to be 16 yo, a 13 yo and a 3 yo. I will tell you the sleepless nights in the 30s was way harder than my early 20s. I do find I have more patience and can manage my house better. Though I wouldn't necessarily say it's cause I'm old just that I'm experienced. It is nice having helpers and I find while the two oldest are opposite sex and always at each other they are wonderful with the youngest one. But I had to buy everything over and start from scratch.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My first was born when I was 19...he is now 23. I had my last two only 13 months apart at 39 and 40. They are work. I don't enjoy them like I did my first three who were spaced farther apart. They are also very high maintenence kids...and I am older...so I am tired and less patient. I would never tell them this, and I suck it up and be a great parent...they deserve it. But if I had it to do over, I don't think I would. I love them dearly, but I am tired, and want to sleep in...and right now they are 3 and 4 so I don't get to. I love all 5 of my kids but I will admit that when you are older it is more of a challange.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2009