it seems like SHE is ready to come out so could it be my body stalling the process?

shes pretty much as low as she can get without me going into labor and having her.. shes aalllwaays pushing down on me and very active i went into the early stage of labor a few times in the past week and it just stopped on its own contractions were 6 minutes apart for 2 hours i had "show" and horrible pressure down there like she was really trying then it slowly just stopped all 3 times... i told my dr about that and she says for first time preggos that happens a lot because your body has never gone through the process before and its ok the pain isnt for nothing... but it just seems like its my body that isnt ready not her lol anyone else have this problem? i walk my little butt off every day for the past month eat pineapple and we have been trying lots of sex and noothin.. haha i dont know but i think shes just as anxious to meet the world and my bodys going "nope! nuh uh you cant come out!" LOL im 38 wks tuesday first baby.

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 5:26 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when your body is ready, she will come. your only 38 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The big day could be here soon, if you keep getting contractions like that. The pain and pressure are normal after a baby drops. Your body is ready to have the baby, but it just hasn't been the right time yet. Your baby will let you know when she's on her way out :)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 6:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Average gestation for a 1st time mommy with a normal pregnancy, if left to go into labor spontaneously (without a doctor interfering with the process by using induction methods) is 41 weeks and 3 days. Every body is different but this is the average. Take heart, mama, you're almost there. I know you're anxious but you're not even full term yet.

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 7:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• what you are going through sounds normal. you could still have 4 weeks left. :) good luck! just try to relax. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Perfectly normal unfortunately. Your body is gearing up for labor. it's doing exactly what it is supposed to do. Not much longer now so just hang in there. You'll probably get the joys of diarrhea and vomiting when you get a little closer. Drink plenty of water and enjoy these next couple of weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• How low is she (what station is she at)? What makes you think she cant be any lower without you being in labor?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2009