Getting Stationed In K-Town Germany

HI,

I was wondering if anyone has been to K-Town Germany. I am looking for info on the area such as the on-post housing, activities, school, etc. We will be pcsing there in a few short months and just would like to get a feel of the area.

Thanks

MrsMoss88

Asked by MrsMoss88 at 7:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was at Ramstein from 1997-2003. Alot has changed since we were there. God I miss Germany. Housing on Ramstein,Landstuhl and Vogelweh were all under renovation when we PCSd back stateside. To me it was the nicest housing we have been in in 16 plus years. Schools are on base and I find DODD schools better than most stateside. Get your kids involved with the youth services, and youth centers. Lots to do. There use to be a bowling alley and skating rink on Vogelweh just a few minutes from Kaiserslautern. Never been on most posts in Ktown so I have to head my way. I do know the club on Ramstein added a Chilis and they were opening a Supermall by the airport when we left. Germany is great to travel Europe and the Germans have carnivales all the time. Don't forgo the Christmas markets. Castles even my little kids 3 and 5 at the time loved visiting them.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• the bases also run tours that are fairly cheap and Disneyland Paris (all the popular rides as stateside) is far cheaper. We went there 3 times and for 5 days in a supernice hotel plus park tickets for 4 of us was about 500. But that was before the euro came into play. The exchange while we were there was 1 USD to 3.65 Duestchmark.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• complain about gas prices here well they'll shock you there. Get gas coupons if you buy off base. I know it use to be like 5 usd a liter. Which is way smaller than a gallon.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Living on the economy is nice, but try not to get housing on a hill; the roads can get very icey in the winter.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Also, I hope you like wine :0)

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009