What hot foods do you pack in your childs lunch

So what do ya do besides soup?

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 7:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Leftovers. When I send peanut noodles, I have to send a second thermos and extra forks for her friends. Send me a message offlist if you would like the recipe.

Also, I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years; I will be happy to send you a copy of this, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I don't yet for my son but my hubby packs hot dogs or soup.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My 13 year old is pretty basic he use to like all the cute lil snacks and lunchables but now it is a sandwich granola bar and fruit, if it is an apple i will put low fat carmel or peanut butter and a capri sun....I
    use to put mac n cheese or soup but he is not into that stuff no more...Oh well guess he is growing up...
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 8:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Mac-n-cheese with hot dogs, Ravioli, Chicken and rice. Most schools have mocrowaves for the kids to reheat foods. Beats the heck out of a cold sandwitch and chips.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:16 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My DD's fave was tomato soup with a hot dog in the soup and I would pack a bun seperately. She also loved spaghettios and beef stew.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my 16 yo vegetarian gets veggie mixes, chili, mac and cheese.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My 14 y/o likes pretty basic meals, so I pack him the usual kid-friendly suspects - chicken nuggets, spaghetti w/sauce, chicken fried rice, mini hotdogs or corndogs, mashed potatoes & chicken, etc. Nothing fancy, but it fills him up & he likes it.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2009