Just want your thoughts

I am not asking if I am pregnant.

My last 3 cycles were like this...38 days, 38 days, 28 days. Right now I am on day 47 and have NO signs of a period (cramping, achy,tenderness). If my calculations are correct, my cervix was high and open on day 17 which means that I should have gotten my period on 13-15 days ago. If I am wrong...how long can you go without ovulating before you have a period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You could potentially go months without ovulating. Although, from personal experience with irregular cycles (24-79 days since I've been keeping track), my anovulatory cycles (I've had 3) are always on the short side (24-27 days); if it's a longer cycle, I always ovulate. I don't know how it is for other women, though. If you're fairly certain you ovulated (and charting just cervical position isn't very reliable since it can change during the course of the day), then take a test and see what it says. If you're not sure, then still take a test just to see, and keep waiting, or go to the doctor if you're worried.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:30 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• 3rd time. GO to your OBGYN and get a check up to see why your cycles are so messed up. Culd be a simple infection to PID or hormone imbalances

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• wow, I really don't know. It sounds like your cycle is all over the place. You could have ovulated a lot later then you calculated. I wish I could tell you more
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 9:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Your body could have been preparing to ovulate and then stopped for several potential reasons like stress or travel. That happens fairly frequently in women...
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 12:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009