Don't know if I've ever been in love?

I was married for 5 years to a man I met and married within a short time span (3 months). It was a rebound thing and it was stupid but it happened. The guy I dated before that I was crazy over, but he cheated on me the whole time we were together. I loved my husband, but I just don't think I was in love with him, ever. Now that I look back on things, I don't know if I've ever really been in love, truly in love with somene. Attracted to, yes, but IN LOVE? I just don't know. Has anyone else gone through something like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Before I had even met my husband, and some of my girlfriends had gotten engaged, I asked them how you knew if you were in love. They told me that "you'll know." And when I fell in love with my to-be-husband, I did know. It started with friendship, including admiration, mutual interests, and one day I felt my breath knocked out of me when I realized I was in love. There was no doubt at all. I'd had crushes before, but they were always tinged with anxiety and drama, there wasn't the element of mutual love, I never felt confident that he loved me the same way I loved him. When I fell in love. I knew. I also believe that a person can grow to be in love with someone they love and respect and appreciate. I can't say that you haven't been in love, maybe your love took a quieter road than mine.

Answer by Bmat at 8:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You know you're in love when the thought of being seperate from that person is not a comfortable feeling, & like what Bmat said, when the breath gets knocked right out when you realize this love. You know love when you can say that he is your truest best friend. You know when it makes you happy, to make him happy. You know when it's been over 5 years & you STILL sit there at work & daydream of a romp in the hay, you know when just thinking of him immediately brings you joy, you know your in love when the thought of them not being in your life makes you sick to your stomach, you know your in love when you can be only your truest self & he loves you for just that, you know when your in love when even on bad days, seeing him/thinking of him can make everything better. When you fall in love, it's like a new person awakes within you, this new person brings out your strongest loving ablilties you own. Kids do this too :)
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2009