Is it bad beeing a stay at home mom?

Hi iv been home just about a yr and to b honest its driving me crazy, i worked a sec job and it took alot of time from my kids. being a single mom of three is not easy, and every time i get a new job something always gose wrong with the kids. so i had to give up my job, i am thinking of going back to school, only because i dont want a crapy job at a store where it will take time away from my kids or the week end. so im in a bind dnt knw what to do or where to go with this ? help

latinamom03

Asked by latinamom03 at 8:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in About CafeMom

• It's always good to improve yourself and your education. Espically if it will benifit your kids in the long run.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:53 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It was the happiest time of my life. I worked very hard, to exhaustion, (I raised our own vegetables and fruits and canned them, cooked from scratch, had only one car in the family which complicated when my husband and I both needed it, and so forth) but to be with the children as they grew and learned and teaching them my own way, was valuable. It was a problem sometimes not talking with other adults, so I helped this by joining playgroups and by having other moms over for lunch or coffee about once a week. Money was extremely tight. and I worried that I wasn't building up retirement or job experience. But even so, as I said, the happiest time of my life.

Answer by Bmat at 8:53 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I stay home the first time for 2yrs. and a month. I worked at Hard Rock casino as a tablegames supervisor for a year on swing shift. Now I have been home over a year now and my son is 4yrs. old. Slow down and if you have a chance to go to college go for it!... I'm thinking about going back myself in Jan. Education will never hurt you. I have been busy painting and doing things that needed to be done to my home. I have enjoyed this year with my son. Time fly's..... I would love to have my old position at Hard Rock one day. I had to resign due to my husbands demanding career which I knew that before taking the job. You still have to find time to study and be a mom. I wish you luck....... You can do it~
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If you are the sole provider I think your plan of going back to school to better yourself is an excellent choice. (even if you are not the sole provider) If you have help financially, it is your choice to stay home. If you are on PA, it is a good idea to get some job skills so that you will be able to take care of yourself in the future. The assistance ends when the kids leave home, better to be prepared than starting at the bottom when you are older. Having three young kids always makes it difficult to see light at the end of the tunnel, but it seems like you are trying to put together a plan and thats a good thing!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• how exactly are you single and affording to be a SAHM?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i love being a sahm.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If you can stay home and save enough money for a comfortable retirement and college for your kids, then why not?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It's a wonderful privilege and the hardest job in the world. You will always treasure this time with your children.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 10:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• again, if you are single and a SAHM, what is your source of income?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Answered at 10:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 by: peanutsmommy1: again, if you are single and a SAHM, what is your source of income?

________________________________________

Yes I'm curious as well.

mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 10:57 AM on Sep. 29, 2009