whooping cough

what does whooping cough sound like?

peachfuzz

Asked by peachfuzz at 9:16 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A seal or barking cough is not whooping cough. That is croup, something entirely different.

Whooping cough is the cough and when they take in a breath to cough again, it literally makes a "whoop" sound.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It is more a very persistent cough. I had it a few years ago and broke 2 ribs with it.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• http://www.whoopingcough.net/sound%20of%20whooping%20cough%20with%20some%20whoop.htm
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my daughter is 5 months and i'm afraid she was exposed to it...am I wrong in thinking that? I heard that babies are very liable to get really sick and someone from our church has it and i know this person held my baby what do i do?
    peachfuzz

Answer by peachfuzz at 9:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• sounds like a seal. kind of a barking sound.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:33 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If you're concerned go to the pediatrician. Get it taken care of.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• And yes a baby's immune sytem is brand new. It's not been exposed to the outside world and it's germs so baby can get sick often and easily. The good thing is exposure now means it will be in her system and next time won't be so bad.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• whooping cough has these cough attacks... they cough cough cough so hard and so long they can't catch their breath. At the end of the couging they "whoop" to try to catch their breath. It's really awful.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• thanks ya'll i made her an appointment just in case.... she was running a fever of 101.1 at noon, and while shes coughing its not that bad, again thanks!
    peachfuzz

Answer by peachfuzz at 1:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009