Do you let your baby watch tv?

Yesterday, my husband and I let my almost 12 week old watch Mickey Mouse Club House, just to see what he would do. He gets so excited that he kicks his legs continuously, and squeals. It's so cute. Don't get me wrong, I am not going to let my baby watch tv all day..I would never do that. I just think it's cute. Maybe it's the bright colors. Do you let your baby watch tv?

ashleybgarcia

Asked by ashleybgarcia at 9:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yup, they watched Hockey, music video's PBS
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yes. He watches Dragon Tales every morning at 6:30am. While I don't condone using the TV as a baby sitter, if it keeps him occupied for a while, it keeps him occupied!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Just for afew seconds if I need to use the washroom, or make some coffee or something. Then I turn my program back on and she usually loses interest anyway. But she will be on the floor playing or in her exersaucer.
    A friend of mine sticks her son in a high chair in front of the tv. I think that is wrong. Cant even escape it if he wants to :(
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i let my child watch noggin. she has her own tv in her room,she sleeps with me in our room at night and for naps,her room is just for toys right now. she is 16months.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I love noggin! The wonder pets are cute.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yep my 5 month old LOVES sesame street and watchin football with his daddy :)
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 9:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My 12 m son has to take breathing treatments with a nebulizer - Blues Clues/Kid the Science Kid/Sesame Street help out while he has to sit still in the highchair! However, he doesn't ever seem interested unless in the highchair.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 10:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yes. my son loves to watch his movies, pbs, sports, & music video's
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• from time to time he watches TV... but for the most part no. My son is 14 months and he doesn't need TV to numb his mind
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My 6week old loves to watch the colors and movement on tv. And hubby usually gets down there and plays with him too. He's "teaching" him to roll over. lol
    jcsg

Answer by jcsg at 10:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2009