Is this wrong?

I work at Goodwill making min wage working 40 hrs a week. My DH works at a factory 50-60 hrs a week. My mom offers to watch our DD so that we dont have to pay 200 dollars a week in daycare. Is this wrong? Lately ive been getting alot of crap for not putting my child in daycare. But she only has her when im at work.

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• no its not wrong...its better than day care...she gets lots of love and doesnt have to worry about getting sick all the time...plus shes with your mom, you can trust her---and save yourself some $$
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:33 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I do not see the problem letting your mom watch your child.

Answer by louise2 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i don't know who's been giving you crap, but they are not your family. you, your dh, and your kid are your family, and only you/dh knows what is best for your kid. don't bother to pay them any mind when they says things like this. perhaps they are jealous that you have a gma to watch your kid, and they don't.
    take advantage of what you have--your kid is lucky to have a gma who is willing and able to spend this time with her.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Getting crap from who? Why is it anybody elses business who watches your kid? I would do anything to take care of my mom and not take advantage of her watching my kid. Maybe treat her to lunch every once in a while. You dont have to pay attention to people who are jealous.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i get crap from other friends of mine. My one friend has a 2 yr ols son. She doesnt work but gets mad that her mom never offers in watch him. She claims she cant even clean house with him around.
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• if your mom doesnt mind it then whats wrong, its saving you money, my mom watches my son 2-3 days a week b/c my hubb works 5-6 days a week
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 9:51 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think its awesome, my mom used to watch my oldest dd when i was finishing up my BA....and they have a great connection...I didn't have a great connection with my grandma, and I am glad my daughters do...plus since you can't be a SAHM the best thing in the world is to let your mom be a SAHG ....plus I bet you a million dollars if you told your mom "I'm thinking of putting her in preschool/daycare...she will flip! At least that's what my mom did when my daughter was 4 and I wanted to put her in 3 day 1/2 day program to help get ready for kindergarten. My mom thinks my dd is her daughter it's cute (most of the time) sometimes I have to remind the two of them that I AM STILL HERE !!!! Enjoy these moments OUR MOMS don't live forever (don't want to think about that ) and it would be awesome when they are gone to have my children have awesome memories of them. good luck. i feel bad for your friend but thats not your fault.
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 9:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• if your mom is not complaining ignore everyone else and give your mom a big hug for the help :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think it is great! heck with my oldest I was on my own and i switched to a night shift so my mom could babysit her and they have a great bond now 13 years later! now i'm back in school and my mom takes both my teenager and my toddler 2-3 times a week so i can hit up night classes. your family wants you to do better thats why they are there. the others who give you slack dont care about how YOU and YOUR FAMILY do, they care only for themselves!
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• no - i only leave my kids w/ family. they have never been to daycare.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2009