What is you opinion about naked children on internet?

I am a lady from Sweden and this summer there was an article that brought up the issue on posting naked pictures of children. I was surprised that it occured in liberal Sweden and was curious about how people in US think about it. Naked children is a hot topic in US and I read a thread about naked toddlers and the issue about naked children at home, in your garden. That surprised me but I also see a lot of family blogs where mothers put up pictures with naked girls showing private parts and combined with tiara, painted toe-nails and jewellery. That I havenĀ“t seen in Sweden so there seems to be a lot of spread views maybe.

Is it ok to post pictures of naked babies/toddlers? Do you draw a line between butt and genitals? Are we sexualising babies too much? SHould babies have right to privacy or do we interpret too much in a naked pic from a blog? I am curious ( and not a pervert I might ad in times like these)

LadyRaisa

Asked by LadyRaisa at 9:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i dont think its right to post pics like that becouse there are nasty people out there,and they may try to track u down to get that child.or do something nasty with that pic.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i dont care if its a butt or not my children do NOT get any naked pics up. I think mothers or anyone that put up pics like that are nasty. I do understand that there are times ur kids are naked at home playin in the tub or something and you take a picture thats fine as long as you dont put them on the net. i dont care if your profile is blocked or not there are hackers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i have pictures of my son in the bath but they are from the waist up, they don't show anything
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 9:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think little butt pictures are cute BUT not posted all over the internet. Like I have a picture of my two boys and my nephew peeing on a tree out in the country. All you can see is all three standing side by side and their pants dropped and their butts hanging out. It's a cute picture, but I would never put it on here....don't know about the tiara's and jewelry and such, to me that would be WAYYYYYYYYYYY over the line. I suppose I do draw a line when it comes to it and there is a difference to me when you go from genitalia to butts. I always threw a wash cloth over my boys private parts when they are int he tub getting a bath. I don't think butts are that big of a deal....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would never post pictures of my son in a bathtub, etc. He deserves privacy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If parents want nude photos of their child (like in the tub or something natural, cute & innocent) i think it's fine, children are natural little nudists, and they should not be ashamed. BUT i would never post anything less than fully dressed on the internet b/c of pediphiles out there. Personally, i do not post ANY pics of my kids on the internet, at all. There are too many sicko's out there that either "get off" to pics of little kids, or use them to track them down. I think parents have to be cautious and vigilant about their childs safety. With that in mind, everyone should be careful about what they put on the internet, pics and personal information.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i think its fine for the parents to have the naked pics but they shouldnt post them for the whole world to see.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Just a word about pedophiles using half naked or naked pics of your kid for their pleasure: If someone is into kids, ANY picture can turn them on, naked, in a bathing suit, or fully clothed. Any picture you post has the potential to turn any one on. Not saying it's good to post naked pics, just something to think about.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would never post pictures of naked children. That being said, I have a picture of my son when he was 4 in the tub filled with bubbles and the bubbles covered EVERYTHING except his face and I wouldn't even put that one on there. Just not right in my opinion but I don't look down on people that do it either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh I love naked baby pics, they are so cute, but I wouldn't post mine online. My sis has the cutest pic of my nieces laying on her belly with a cute little hat on and a cute little baby butt, but it's not online, just hanging up on the wall
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2009