i was diagnosed with PUPPS, my dr. told me to take benadryl, it works ok but i dont want to keep taking it every day, are there any other remedies that could help?

mom2b111009

Asked by mom2b111009 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Calamine lotion, aloe vera, soothing lotions, oatmeal
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Benedryl is just an antihistamine. It' works buy shutting down the response to whatever is breaking you out. It can't hurt you or your unborn child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I tried EVERYTHING else, benadryl is the only thing that worked and its perfectly safe to take everyday.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Take an oatmeal bath. It sucks because it has to be in cooler water but it helps my skin out. Trust me DON'T take a hot orreally warm bath with it. It makes it itch waaay more.
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 12:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If it gets bad enough, ask for a steroid. I had it and could manage the itching during the day with oatmeal baths, medicated lotions (aveeno menthol worked a bit) and every so often antihistamine creams. But at night i would wake up bleeding because i couldnt stop itching at night. It was AWFUL. Good luck.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009