Will you (or have you already) be getting the flu shot for you and/or your child this season?

The H1N1 flu has been running rampant lately (at least around here) and I am struggling to decide whether or not to get my daughter vaccinated considering that she has a SEVERE fear of shots. The flu normally only lasts 2 or 3 days and in most cases presents pretty mild symptoms... is the risk of the flu more substantial than the trauma of the shot?

EmmysMom113

Asked by EmmysMom113 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• We won't get shots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My kids are grown so they can go get their own flu shot. Me I do not plan on getting either type of flu shot.

Answer by louise2 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• no shots
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yes, I've had mine and the kids have had theirs. Two of the 4 of us are high risk. Having said that..what kind of 'flu' are you getting that only last 2 or 3 days. That sounds more like a stomach bug. When you get influenza it is rarely over in a WEEK. Many times the cough and joint pains linger up to 3 weeks. High fever, deep respirtory involvement all classic examples. A lot of people will say "I have the flu" and are back at work in one or two days. they may have been sick with a virus but it was NOT influenza.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:53 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yes my kids have their shots
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i will be getting the regular flu shot like i have been doing. im still researching the swine flu vaccine, i think i want to get it though. my son is only 4 months old and im freaking out thinking that something will happen to him with these god damn flus. i for sure would get your children the regular flu shot, and then decide for yourself about the swine flu.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My dd got hers yesterday and my son should be getting his sometime in the next week or so. We will not be getting the swine flu shot though our doctor has recommended against it so we just get the regular flu shot!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 10:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• No flu shots here, regular or otherwise. The swine flu vaccine killed more people than the disease last time. I'm not trusting them.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My son and I have gotten our regular flu vaccination and will likely get the H1N1 vaccination as well. I had the regular flu before and was sick for over a month. I'm not the slightest bit interested in getting a flu that no one has any type of resistance against so I'm just waiting to see when the vaccination gets to the Health Department here.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My kids have already had their flu shots and I get mine next week through work. We will most likely not get the H1N1 vaccination. There are too many problems with it. Also, my pediatrician's office most likely isn't getting it. If it's not severe enough around here for them to offer it, I'm not going to go out of my way to get it.
    mamaoftwins9197

Answer by mamaoftwins9197 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2009