Am i a horrible person?

I was told im a horrible mom bc i buy my kids clothes at 'high end' stores,online,etc...not walmart,target,thrift stores,garage sales and i dont take hand me downs...we spend alot on clothes for us and our kids,i dont meant 100$ every outfit...but its reasonable.we can afford it.im not letting this get to me AT ALL,but im just wondering does spending money on things make someone horrible?

**before its asked, yes all 3 kids have college funds and savings accts...bills are always payed ontime,gas is always in the cars,everythings taken care of**

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Shopping

• I think these anons are jealous to be honest! ... sailorwifenmom was right on! ...

you do you ... as long as those kids are taken care of who cares how much u spend -- oh well!! ... i buy high end too and i dont care ... if someone doesnt like it , thats them. my friend HATES that i spend more than 10$ on my kids jeans! ... she got pissed at me bc her mom bought her a fake designer purse for 20$ and mine was real and was 400$ ... not my problem!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• no i think its great if you can afford it. we spend alot of money on our kids & i dont think we a horrible...thats just the way we were raised.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 9:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• **OP HERE: and to add yes we do do things for the community,we do give our things to thrift stores,womens shelters,etc...we dont act like we are better than anyone. we never brag...**
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• no it doesnt make you a horrible mom....just makes me a lil jealous :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Hey, if you and your DH can afford to buy that stuff for your kid, go right ahead and do it.

Other people are probably just jealous, because they can not afford to do it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• scooterpooter : thank you. i was raised w/ ALOT just givin to me. never had to ask , if my dad seen my shoe was dirty hed take me for new ones. i had 2 parents who worked GREAT jobs, and after bills they took us shopping...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• "we never brag..."

Bragging is exactly what you are doing now. Anon or not. It just feels a lot like rubbing it in others faces.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I don't think you are a horrible mom...Its great that you can afford to do that...I wouldn't even if i could afford it simply because kids grow so fast and stain clothes so fast that i think it would irrate me that i just spent so much on clothes that they can't wear anymore you know? lol :)
    Anonymous

• you sound like my good friend:) I think, so long as your children don't begin thinking they are "too good" for things, it's fine. I don't shop at thrift stores, walmart rarely, and don't really care to waste time at garage sales. I don't know what you mean exactly by "high end", but we shop at Dillards, Yonkers, Gap, and a couple higher-end stores, b/c we like the fashion and quality of the merchandise.

Someone has to shop at these stores too.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• "we never brag..."

---
    Actually bragging would be naming stores,prices,items,etc...that i would not do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2009