?

i just had a baby on the 24 now that im home i kinda dont feel like myself. i feel funny,y is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe you have post-partum depression. If you think you do you should see you doctor, but you did just have a baby and your body is adjusting, and you are adjusting, take care of yourself and your baby. Good Luck.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We need more info. How do you feel funny? Do you feel weak? Do you feel overwhelmed? Do you feel confused?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i feel kinda unloved, when my hubby leaves for work i get upset and cry things like that,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It sounds like you are suffering from prost partum depression...you need to call the doctor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Your hormones build up to very high levels during pregnancy, and after you give birth they crash and bottom out. It makes a lot of women feel very moody and depressed. A little bit is normal, but if you feel like that all the time or for longer than a few weeks, or if it's a very intense feeling, or if you feel like you want to hurt yourself or your baby or anyone else, or if you just feel like you need help dealing with it, you need to go to the doctor and get help ASAP. Talking to other moms could help, too (in addition to going to your doctor); CafeMom is a great place to find people who have been through what you're going through and who can tell you how they got over it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I had a little bit of post partum when my daughter was born. It was mainly b/c I had a very traumatic labor with her and I didn't get to bond with her. I felt as if hubby wasn't supportive and I didn't have my family around either. It is normal to feel that way that early , try talking to someone who is close to you andhave people come help you. Sometimes men just don't get it so talk to him as well about your feelings (it helps) If it goes for more than two weeks than you need to see your doctor.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Congratulations!!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• it is very normal to have your emotions go a little wild right after having a baby. so much happens and you are probably sleep-deprived. if you are feeling really sad, to the point that it's worrying you, definitely talk to your doctor about it. :0) best wishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2009