Pulling Teeth?

Whats the easiest way you have found to pull your childs teeth. DS is 5 and has his first loose tooth and he won't let us touch it!

trevsrockinmom

Asked by trevsrockinmom at 10:33 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• you know, I had pull the first 4 of my daughters teeth, I didn't give her a choice and I did it really quick
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I pulled my daughter's first tooth and was told by her dentist that she should be the one to pull it out. Plus found that on the internet also. Remind your child to wiggle to tooth everyday until it comes out. When you child wants to let him do it. They are his teeth.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 11:23 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• What's the big deal? It will come out when it's time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The big deal anon is that he won't eat anything thats bigger than a pea and he won't brush his teeth and when I brush his teeth he screams and cries that it hurts.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 11:57 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would NOT pull it out yourself You could do some damage plus cause him undo pain. take him to the dentist. I have never had to pull my kids teeth out. usually once it starts to wiggle it is out in 2-4 weeks. If it is really that bad seek out a dentists advice
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I explained to my son HOW to pull it out and he did it himself. Tell him to wiggle his fingers under the tooth and squeeze. It pops out every time if it is ready.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Our dentist also told us to be sure to push from side to side as well as front to back. Another thing, don't wiggle, push with your tongue (or finger) and hold for a few seconds, then push in another direction.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 5:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Just leave him be, it will fall out on it's own. Do NOT force him to let you pull out his teeth. It is no big deal if they fall out on their own and they will. Growing up, I only let one uncle pull my teeth. He used to pay us to let him pull our teeth.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009