what do you think about adults teaching their young kids to call their vagina's Kit Kat's?

I have my daughter calling it a TT (shes 2) When she gets older to understand what it is it will be called a vagina kids should not be embarrassed to call it what it really is. But who wants to hear a small child walking around the store saying her vagina itches or something lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Why are adults so scared to call body parts by their real names??? would you call your arm a sissy? your knee a bibble? Why not just call it what it is...a vulva...a vagina is the inside part.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My daughter knows and uses in private discussions the proper names (as does my son) for their parts. My dd is a survivor of sexual abuse and is more comfortable using "kitty" when talking about that part of her body, her abuser used the proper terms to frighten and intimidate her and so she chooses to call it what she is comfortable with. Its easier for her and i am not going to push her into something shes uncomfortable with. sorry if it bothers you but thats how we do it
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 10:57 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I, for some reason do not like the real names of body parts.... I still use all the made up names. Just one of my many little oddities!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think thats weird. My kids both call their privates-wee,wees or wees. They both know well that a girl/woman has a v and male has a p. They know better than to call that out in public. Thinking back,we did not really tell them till they were about 4. I think a pet name that is know is fine but kit kat sounds a little creepy.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 10:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I don't have a little girl, but I'm not fond of kit kat at all.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• OP... elananme. Why wouldn't that bother anyone? i think the term kitty is a little too much and would try to find a nick name better but if she doesnt want to call it vagina for being sexually abused thats fine it makes sense that someone would do something like that. Theres different reasons why people use nick names Its not like im saying they are wrong and they shouldnt. Im just saying its not for me and im teaching my daughter different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Kit-Kat? Seriously? Stupidist thing I ever heard, but then, it really doesn't surprise me because our culture has become so dumbed down. It's sad, really, what we're doing to our kids.

Now, I can understand not wanting to teach young children to yell out in the store "my vulva itches" or something like that, so yeah, a euphenism is warranted, but make it something a little nicer sounding like the old standby "privates". "Momma, my privates itches" sounds much nicer than "Momma, my kit-kat itches".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• ha ha, my son (i have only one kid) has a neighbor girl he is friends with and they do bathe together on occation, we stopped recently because they know too much, last time she (ds' friend) stood up in the tub and pointed at her parts and said "amy ya know what this is, this is my koochie!" her mom was mortified! said her aunt (who is a whore) taught her that and she is afraid she'll get in trouble for telling the kids that word.... so is coochie a bad word?? idk i thought it was so funny, my son knows he has a penis and "the balls" but insists on calling it his "me me" because he says "it is the little me." awwww
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• it would also worry me about kit kat that it is something entirely different.... ex "hey teacher, joe touched my kit kat.".....? it could cause some confusion because of that term.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• What is wrong with the word vagina? How do you differentiate between vagina and vulva? Do you use made up names for other body parts?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009