Do you think that I am wrong for being upset? I know this will probably sound immature but it really does hurt, especially after all I have been though.

I blocked my ex's number lastnight and deleted him from my myspace and facebook. We broke up but he has been trying to get me to take him back... he says he is sober now and that he loves me and misses me so much. Well on FB he left a comment on a this girls picture of her and her son in which he has NEVER left a comment on any of mine, even when we were together. My friend asked him why and he said that all my pictures are posed pictures and this girls wasn't plus he likes her because she laughs at his jokes. He constantly comments on my friends pictures and his friends status's. It took him 5 1/2 hours to figure out that I deleted him because he was too busy trying to get attention from these other people. When he texted me lastnight before I blocked him, he just said he wanted someone to talk to but never made an effort to talk to me. He will text me to tell me he loves me but that about all I get at the end of the night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Cont. ~ My whole point is that I am tired of coming in last... first it was to his addiction and now, it's to everyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Maybe he needs someone outside the situation to talk to. I can understand being upset that he is talking to others and not you, but maybe that is exactly what he needs to do right now. He needs to hash out somethings in his own life and his own head to figure out where he wants to go with himself now before he talks to you about anything. Facebook is for fun, not anything serious. I think that you should stop paying attention to what happens on Facebook and myspace, and call him. Tell him how you feel, that you would like to talk to him about the relationship, situation, and if he needs some time to get to a point where he can talk to you, then give him that time.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• And if you feel like you are constantly coming in last, then you shouldn't be there. I don't think you should always expect to come first, but if you really genuinely come in behind everything else in his priority list, then perhaps he isn't ready for an actual relationship and it is time to move on. BUT talk to him about all of this first. Don't just cut ties because he was talking to other people on Facebook.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• OP here ~ I think that is all he wants, someone to talk to, attention and I think that was all I was to him, was that person he could talk to but never wanted to commit to. It's been two years and we never went anywhere in our relationship. He is an alcoholic and I put up with a lot, that is why I finally walked away. It's just that I got the worst of it... the verbal abuse and now that he is sobering up, everyone else gets the best of him while I have to watch and wait for it to be my turn.

I deleted him so he could do his thing without me saying anymore about it and I blocked him so I wouldn't have to hear about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If he's your ex...why are you worried about it. He's your ex for a reason...move on and stop acting like a jealous teenager. I dont mean that to be rude but thats what it comes down to.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Run & don't look back. You don't have to settle for somebody that is dysfunctional & even if he is sober, he will still be dysfunctional for awhile. Addicts have serious issues that the drugs/alcohol cover up. It takes a lot of time to become healthy after living that life for awhile. Take it from somebody that wishes somebody would have warned her....8 yrs later I'm still suffering the consequences of marrying a dysfunctional man. It is too hard & too long of a road for somebody that is not used to chaos.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• talk to someone my ass --he just want his cake and be able to eat it too, get rid of him he's gonna cause u nothing but heartache in the end. if he talks to other girls and compliments them and not u, that should be telling u somthing right there, he will cheat on u mark my words, he's nothin but a player
    kaylexi

Answer by kaylexi at 1:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2009