what are the odds.. :)

my husband has green eyes and i have brown and our baby came out with blue eyes.. itnt that something has anyone had anything like that happen to em..

MylilLondon

Asked by MylilLondon at 10:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• your baby eyes can still change
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Most babies are born with blue eyes; it could take up to a year or longer for them to change. The permanent color could still be green or brown (or could stay blue).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think it would be very likely that you would have blue eyed children

This is a cool web site, check his out
    http://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeCalc/eyecalculator.html
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My husband has green eyes, I have brown and our oldest one has blue eyes, second has brown and so does third. But, my father in law has blue eyes... he's the only one in the close family who does.

and on another note, the oldes one is also left handed. My husband and I aren't but some of my aunts and uncles and one of my husband's aunt was too... Weird how genes work out!
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 10:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It's actually very possible. It just means that both you and your husband carry the blue-eyed trait even tought neither of you have blue eyes. It would be much less likely for two blue-eyed parents to have a brown-eyed baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• we all have a dominant and recessive gene for our characteristics, so theres a good chance. but like said before, most babies (white babies) are born with blue eyes. and they can change, but is still possible that they may stay blue. mom and dad had blue eyes, i have hazel (they were green for a long time). just happens to work out that way.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• we all have a dominant and recessive gene for our characteristics, so theres a good chance.

Not true. You can have either two dominant or two recessive traits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Most babies are born with blue eyes. It can take up to a full year before a baby has a permanent eye color. We didn't start to notice a change in our daughters eye color until she was almost 4 months old. I have brown/green eyes and DH has light brown eyes but she came out with blue eyes. Now she has brown/blue eyes but they're getting more and more brown every day. :)

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Omg its so crazy your asking lol. I have been thinking this for a while. I have hazel eyes and my husband had dark brown eyes. My son is now three months old and still has brown eyes. The only person he could have gotten them from is my father. So I would say it is possible, I wouldn't be worried.

melibear5715

Answer by melibear5715 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2009