not sure what to do ... would u be happy and wait or what?

my bf and i have been wanting to get engaged for the past few months. he had the money and was going to get the ring later that week, when our transmission went!!! so we spent that fixing it...now he wants to wait until income tax and spend ALL OF IT on a ring ...

im not that happy though. he said he would go get the one he wanted to get now bc he has the money , but he wants to get a bigger one ... the one he picked out 1st was 2,000 ... the new one he wants to get is between 4 and 5,000 ... idk why im just not that happy anymore like i was when he 1st told me earlier we were getting engaged...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• well my rings (engaggment and band) only cost $100, so price was never an issue for me. I chose the ring, but he bought it without me knowing and then surprised me. If your problem is just that he wants to wait a few months, let him know that you dont mind having the other ring.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would get the cheaper one and put the extra tax $ in an account as an emergency fund for your new life together. Tell him you dont care about the ring that all you care about is your life together. Sometimes guys feel like they have to provide a large ring to show how much they care...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i told him OVER AND OVER AND OVER i dont care! hell the ring i picked out was 200$! .. but he found 1 for 2,000$ , now a different one thats even more ... i said i dont give a damn what one it is ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Look it seems to me that he is just not into marring you right now. If you have been going out with him for a while and he want to marry you then what does the price of a ring have to do about that My ring was a hundred dollars but it never was about the ring it was about the heart and wanting to be together as man and wife.
    What mattered more to me was the love we have not the price of the ring. later on down the road you 2 can renew your vows and then get the pricey ring. Marring you says it all that he wants you.Now who can put a price on that?
    Good luck.... Wish you Happy Ending.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2009