Potential Terrorists?

Our returning war heroes?

"The return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks. Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists, DHS/I&A is concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize veterans in order to boost their violent capacities”

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There has always been the worry that returning veterans might turn violent on their own country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• They are violent! PTSD! Ever heard of it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• it stupid, they're out there risking their lives for you, but as soon as they come back. they're feared and unwelcome? ppl need to respect the war vets not hate them
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• right-wing extremists What the hell does that mean. Hillary is that you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Wow! The DHS, the first two responses, just wow.

bad

BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Sounds a bit far-fetched to me. I'm sure there would be a few isolated cases of that happening, but I doubt it's some huge threat. And right-wingers aren't the only ones with extremist groups. Couldn't radical environmentalist groups just as easily want to gain the skills of these vets? Not all returning soldiers are conservative so they could be won over by those groups easily.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I am the proud wife of one of these extremely dangerous individuals! I think it is a very sad sad thing.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yourspecialkid

First they're 'over priced tax burdens' now they're terrorists. It's amazing!

They really should make a sweetpea shaking her head in disgust, that would be great!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Why are we always concerned about the right wing extremist and not the left wing extremist?  Why is it the right wings extremists are painted in a bad light and the left wing, well they are not painted at all.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I find this offensive, my dad is a vet and so is my husband. Man when are these people going to get a life.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009