Confused and No place to go

Last night was the first time he actually touched me the way that he did. I was hurt and shocked. He hit my arm then pushed me backwards to make me fall. All I wanted was to get my son and leave but he wouldn't let my son leave so I stayed. He never helps me do anything. No housework, no laundry, no help with our son. I work full time and he works part time My money is his money and his money is his money. He has cancelled my phone. I want to leave sometimes but he said it would ruin our sons life if I did. He has went to violently pinching me to this. I just wonder if it will only get worse. I have no where to go cause my parents house is crowded and all my friends are single. Has anyone been in my situation before? He is usually a great guy but lately he is never happy. He told me that when our son cry that he is afraid he might hurt him...So I handle that part by loving on our son when he cries in another room

TACXBCBJC

Asked by TACXBCBJC at 11:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry your going through this. I have been in your shoes before, and it started off just the same way...for me it didn't get better. It got to the point where my face was bruised all the time. I took it for 5 yrs, why?..I dnt know..I think maybe for my DD..I'm just thankful I had my mom at the time. She walked in on him beating the crap out of me, and sent him to jail. I know your thinking about your son, but your son needs you to be strong for the both of you. Maybe your husband/Bf needs help, but for now you should be as far away as you can from him. Hope things get better for you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Ok, first of all, you DO have somewhere to go - there are shelters and all sorts of options and places and organizations to help you! Link here.  Second of all, YES, it WILL get worse - there's always going to be a reason - he's in a bad mood, you made him mad, he's having a rough time, you pushed him to it, etc etc etc. 

As far as your son goes - do you want him to grow up thinking this is ok?  Do you want your son to be hurt by  him, or to have to live in fear?  Do you want one of you to end up dead - because that's how this stuff ends!

I grew up being abused - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take my word on this - I KNOW what I'm talking about! 

PLEASE check the link I gave you and CALL THEM!

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It gets worse and the fact that the baby crying invokes such violent thoughts of possibly hurting him some time is extremely frightening. I come from a very abusive past and assure you that it gets much, much worse. So what if your family home is overcrowded.... go there immediately to sort out where you can go from there. It doesn't have to be long term, but it will get you out of danger, and stress to think straight.
    pam

Answer by pam at 11:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• So sorry:(
    Seek help. Even if one of your single friends could help you out. Your dh needs help but you can't put you and baby in harms way. You are strong! GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2009