Is or has anyone been a surrogate mother?

I have been talking to a organization about becoming a surrogate mother. I was wondering if anyone else has been through this journey or is going through it and what they went through and experienced.

leekim2004

Asked by leekim2004 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, but am really interested. :-) There are very helpful moms in the cafemom group here!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I haven't but my cousin has had 3 kids through surrogacy. The first was a set of twins to a very well off Gay couple in Tennessee. The babies are going to be 2 in feb and the couple flies my cousin, her husband and her two daughters out to see the babies all the time. They send her pictures and call her. They really stay in contact with her. The second baby she had was for a woman who couldnt carry for some reason. They now have a baby boy who is almost a year old. They live in the same town and visit all the time. My cousin is now trying to give the before mentioned gay couple a third baby.. Hopefully it takes! The babies my cousin has aren't hers though. THeyre donor eggs and the sperm of one of the men. Or for the second couple it was the womans egg and her DH's sperm. She loves doing it. It also allows her to make enough money to stay home with her own daughters. :) Hope that helps a little
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Thanks! I hope I have a great experience like your cousin. I am really excited about it but nervous about it too. I want to make sure that I cover everything before I jump into it. I have had three amazingly easy pregnancy's and deliveries so I feel that this may be my calling. ha ha. Thank you though, because that makes me feel a lot better knowing that your cousin had a awesome experience.
    leekim2004

Answer by leekim2004 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would LOVE to be a surrogate but I would never qualify because of my previous pregnancy history. I had hyperemesis all 3 times and I had to be on meds therefore a review of my past pregnancy history would put a flag up that I am not a good canidate. Nor would I want to put my body thru the hell that it goes through with the hyperemesis.

But I think surrogacy is a BEAUTIFUL thing and am in total support of it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2009