I'm eleven weeks pregnant...

Can I stop the constant stressing about miscarriage yet? Also, we've started telling some people...how long did you wait before letting it out in the open?

xxluvya

Asked by xxluvya at 11:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hehe I waited for about an hour until I knew my Mom would be off of work, she told everyone else! lol... I was told 3 months is when youre pretty much safe. stressing isnt good though. You should relax by looking up baby names or something.. thats what I did. You wont ever stop worrying now. I worry when I dont feel him kick or i'll have a sip of soda or something knowing its bad for him. eek! but it will be okay just dont stress!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I waited 12 weeks just to make sure. Not that I wanted to be pessimistic, but with my last it was so diffiult to tell people I lost the baby. I know how you feel but try your best not to stress. congratulations!!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I told my sister when I was about ten weeks, and I told the rest of the family and my work when I was about 16 weeks, but it was a BIG shock and no one was expecting it, so that iswhy I waited so long. ANd I agree with fire, it is bad to stress, so you should stop doing that!! :-) Contrats on the pregnancy though!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about miscarraige unless there something abnormal is going one in your pregnancy right now. I had a miscarraige in march, but I pretty much know it was going to happen because I was bleeding since I found out. I told some people anyways, like my parents, but let them know I was bleeding as well. It actually helped me for peopl to know because I had their support when I did actually miscarry (at about 7 weeks or so) Thats just me personally, but everyone is different in how they approach it.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Because I have had 5 miscarriages I have told everyone right from the begining. When I miscarried I wanted my family and friends behind me to help me through each horible loss. I am now 12 weeks pregnant. I still worry a lot, and everything is normal but I have had alot of miscarriages.
    I dont think you can ever know for sure what the outcomes will be but with each day you are closer to having a beautiful baby in your arms!
    shymom24

Answer by shymom24 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• With this one we waited about 3 months to tell people who we weren't really close to. With our first we told everyone right away (the thought of miscarriage never crossed my mind). You shouldn't stress out about it though. Stay calm and relax. You're almost past the shaky first trimester.
    greenfairy9

Answer by greenfairy9 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my friend started to bleed at 20 weeks and lost her baby and i had a friend loose her baby at 30 weeks so you really cant stop worrying till the baby comes out.....then you worry is the baby gonna stop breathing in his sleep heck my son is seven months and i still wake 5 times a night to check on him.....having children u will worry about then from in the bellie to when they move out...its part of being a parent but dont stress about loseing the baby if its ment to be u will have the lil one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The odds of miscarriage go down each week you are pregnant and the odds drop significantly after the 14 week mark. That being said, problems can arise at any time, though they are rare. The best you can do is to try and reduce your stress levels, focus on enjoying your pregnancy, eat right, exercise, make sure you're getting enough water, and just relax. The baby is getting all of your stress hormones but it also gets all of your feel good hormones too. Try and send your love bundle more feel good hormones than stress hormones. :) We started telling people as soon as we found out we were preggo. I was slightly concerned about miscarriage, as I've had one in the past, but I couldn't keep the news to myself. We were both so excited to finally be starting our family that we had to let everyone know. Good luck mama!

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• more than likely if you havent experienced any bleeding than your baby is gonna be a keeper.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009