What do you look for at yard sales?

And how much you expect to pay for them?

I look for baby items and kitsch stuff. Baby things I don't expect to pay more than a third of what I've seen it for new if it's in good condition and kitsch it all depends on the item and how much I "need" it.

My husband looks for tools.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Shopping

• A lot of the time furniture... Like shelves and such. Around my house you can never have enough storage. It has to be nice though and not expensive. I did find a crib about a month ago. It came with everything. The bedding the mattress the wall art that matched the bedding. Of course we threw out the mattress and got a new one. You never know if the kids who used it before were sick or something. I dont want to chance my newborn catching anything. anyway I got it all for 40 bucks! I thought it was a good deal
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I look for unique knick-knacks and art work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yeah I would never use a used mattress. But that was a great buy for $40! Awesome!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• kids clothes and books are my main items, although I will look at housewares and other items too.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009