How can I stop my 15 mo. old from biting & hitting?

he will go up to his sitters daughter, who is 6mo. older, and smack her out of the blue, for no reason. Or if she has a toy he wants, and she won't hand it over at his first sign of fussing, he'll bite her. Mostly, it's this one child he's so overly aggressive with, but he will bite the sitters older children or his older siblings if they don't give up the item he wants or smacks them if they get too close to him, or don't give him what he wants. HELP! I want to stop this, but I am unwilling to bite back. Maybe I should mention that my son also has some sensory loss due to a genetic disease, so he can't feel it if I were to bite him anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Parents may think is hard to take that away from their children however it is not. We think that they do not understand what we are telling them but they really do. You should not hit him when he does that. He wont learn that you are hitting him so that he can stop hitting her. WHat he'll learn is that you hit way harder than him. However try a naughty chair or naughty matt. where you sit him there when he misbehaves. As many times as he gets up from there you continue to place him back on the mat untill his 5 minutes session is done. Its tiring for you but it discipline him very well.
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2009