How long did it take to get pregnant after IUD removal?

I have the Mirena IUD and my hubby and I were talking about having another baby. We would love to try and plan the baby to come in Sept/Oct b.c that's when his R&R is from Iraq. So we were planning on getting preggers in December. If I were to get it removed in Oct, can I get pregnant right away, or does it take so long to get 'normal' again to become pregnant? I am debating on wether to take it out in Oct (if it takes a few months to become normal) or in Dec (if it works right away, so I wont get pregnant sooner).. So how long did it take for you other ladies to get pregnant after IUD removal, with active trying??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have been told by my doctor that it doesn't take any time at all to get back to normal. However, if you are trying for a certain time, it may be difficult because you aren't sure when you ovulate and have your period. If you get it out in Oct and use a condom until Dec you can probably have your cycle at least a little figured out...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2009