how do you know when your ovalating?

cmm19

Asked by cmm19 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You know when you're fertile and getting ready to ovulate when you have what's called eggwhite cervical fluid. That's when your discharge looks and feels like raw eggwhites. It's usually stretchy and slippery and you usually have a lot of it.

Not all women do, though. I just have a kind of watery fluid around the time that I ovulate and I'm extraordinarily fertile :p I've unprotected sex a total of three times while I was ovulating and I concieved twice :p

You will know when you HAVE ovulated when your basal body temperature (your temperature first thing in the morning, before you do ANYTHING else) spikes.

Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. You will learn SOOOO much!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I second the Toni Weschler book. It is very clear about signs of your ovulation.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 12:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2009