Have you taken pics of your kids in the bathtub?

I was reading this article about a couple in Arizona whose children got taken off of them for a month last November b/c they took pics of their kids in the tub and the employee at Walmart who developed the pics called the cops, claiming sexual abuse. The couple are currently suing the state of Arizona and walmart. I have taken pics of my boys in the tub, but make sure the bubbles cover their penises.
Here's the article: http://www.wpxi.com/news/20974703/detail.html

tabc531

Asked by tabc531 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have taken pics of my kids in the tub, or on the rare backyard garden streak...I also develop my pics at home, so I am not worried about an overly sensitive employee. I don't see anything wrong with bare bottom pics, I think too many of us fear pedophiles, and the poss of someone thinking that we ourselves may have pedophilic tendancies. They are just little babies, and toddlers...and I think the paranoia is bleeding into mass perception. I don't put my naked baby pics up in the house, or on the net...but they are in an album, one for each of my children. I would hate for them to grow up and see nothing in the baby book but sterile, formal photographs. There are messy faces, bare butts, dog kisses right on the mouth, I even took one of my Daughter drinking out of the hose...she lived...I want them to see how varied and colorful their own childhood is turning out to be.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 12:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• no, i haven't... never really thought about it lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I have, I put up bath pictures of my DD on MySpace and they were removed! LOL But I didn't think anything of it, my thought was, "Oh, her first bath in the bathtub.. awww." But some people don't think of it that way. I think this whole fiasco is ridiculous, though.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I have. But nothing ever shows in them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yes .
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yes I have, but their private parts are never showing. I haven't taken any in a while, the last time i did is when my youngest dd was 2 and decided to jump in the tub with her brother with all her clothes on it was funny
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 12:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I have tons of my kids doing funny things in the tub they are all covered by bubbles when they were little but we do our oun pics at home .
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 12:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I had taken several pics of my son running around naked but he had his hand over his penis or just his butt was showing and people flipped out on me.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 12:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• ohh i totally have!! bubbles flying everywhere, hair standing on end, smiles galore!! some of her bathtime pictures are the cutest pictures shes ever taken. however, now that shes gettin a lil older (5) if i ever take another pic of her in the bath, i will make sure shes all covered. most of thetime she is anyways..but..ya know....
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yes I've taken several of my daughter. But I also make sure nothings showing from the waste down. She'll be 2 next month...
    amber_1024

Answer by amber_1024 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2009