i need some advice

i have been with my husband for more than 6 yrs and he has 3 children before us getting together i want some advice and how to deal with his kids when he brings them every weekend he works 6 days a week and sunday is his only day off and when his kids are over i have to deal with them while he rest is that fare to me

LizbethD

Asked by LizbethD at 11:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in About CafeMom

• fair to you.... well you knew he had kids b4 you got with him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If you don't like it you need to stick up for yourself. Tell him they are his kids and he needs to deal with them. Then leave for the day! I don't mind taking care of my SO's son when we have him (so I have our 16 month old and his 26 month old) when my SO is at work, etc. but I am not taken for granted, which is what your situation sounds like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It must be hard for you. You knew about the kids before you were married right? I think if you are going to marry someone with children, you should be ready to help raise and support those children. Has your Husband always worked such hard hours to keep your home up and running? I mean I think it would be really awful if he was out fishing, or at the bar with the guys while you stayed home to keep the kids in line. He is resting on his only day off, I guess at the house....poor guy sounds tired, I would be if I were keeping his schedule. If you need a break, maybe a sitter on Sunday...and you and hubby can go get a cup of coffee, or grab a sandwich and a park bench for a quiet date on the cheap. If you were getting some of his precious off time, it may make your efforts feel less stressful. I wish you all the luck.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 11:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Even though, they are his kids, you knew that he worked this type of schedule and that he had kids. Also, just think of it as time to bond with your step-children. I know that I couldn't stand my stepmom b/c my dad worked a lot too and when we went to visit, he spent a lot of the time resting, while she was making us do HER household chores. I would have liked her much better if she would have spent more time with us instead of working us like employees.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Start doing things on Sundays and make him take care of the kids. Sure he works but if he isn't spending time with his kids it doesn't count for much of a visit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2009