Halloween!!!

So, I just moved into a house (I'm originaaly from Manhattan) about a year ago and I am a big fan of Halloween. Does anyone have any good decorating ideas? I don't want to go crazy spending money, but I did notice last year, not many houses on my street decorate and I would like to chnange that. Maybe I can start a trend. Any ideas you have are greatly appreciated.

PassionateMom

Asked by PassionateMom at 11:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Holidays

• I just asked a similar question yesterday and some ladies gave me this website which was awesome!

http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/specialfeature/halloween_ms_crafts/
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My favorite cheap stand-by decorations are "bloody" gauze (larger sheets of it can be hung from a porch like curtains, draped over tables, etc, and smaller strips can be wrapped around posts or chairs), stretchy spider webs (the white, not the green) with big fake spiders, big glass or plastic jars (filled with skulls, plastic cockroaches, plastic bones, etc), and ravens that can sit anywhere (they especially work if you wire them to porch railing. I've also got a 6' long strand of skull lights. The skulls are about 4" each, so they are pretty big. I draped them over my front window. The rubbery "blood" window clings are good too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh and styrofoam tombstones held up by wooden stakes driven into the ground. I have tons of ideas lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• thank you for the ideas.
    PassionateMom

Answer by PassionateMom at 2:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We have a large inflatable for our yard....a bunch of pumpkins and one large one that a black cat pops out of, then I put orange lights on the bushes and the porch, sometimes I play a scary sounds tape but it tends to frighten the toddlers too much.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• you can buy butchers paper at craft stores or ask your dr. for a roll of table paper if you are close to them. create cutouts of scary things from these large rolls of paper like the bottom of a person's body that looks like it is hanging from a noose. a witch stirring a cauldron, or person with a hand up carrying a knife. spray paint them black and tape to your windows then cover with an opaque white paper and from outside the silhouette will be really cool. punch some holes in large pumpkins on your porch and stick some tree branches in them with the colored leaves still attached and hang rubber spiders off the branches or those blackbirds walmart has now. Styrofoam tombstones are fun.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Let mother nature do it for you. Mums, corn stalks, pumpkins and gourds. Then add Halloween things to it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2009