would i beable to stop child support on my sons father?

we went to court in feb of 2008 he hasnt paid any of it and told me yesterday that i *should stop it so he wont get locked up? now i didnt put it on him i was gettin assistance and the asked if he helped i didnt lie he doesnt and in my oppinion he doesnt spend enuff time with him also..i told them his mother(my sons grandma) gives me money here and there and also she will give me a big box of diapers and sum wipes but she hasnt in a couple months ?!? so idk wat to do?!?!?! i m guessin the court did it soi i cant stop it kno and should i stop the child support?!?!?

mamabear0824

Asked by mamabear0824 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's not your problem. Im 23 and my father is still $8000 in arears. His problem, not my moms, not mine. Do I blame my mom for him going to jail how ever many times he's gone? No, becuase had he been a mature and reponsible adult, it never would've happened. If he didn't want the responsiblity, he should've signed away his rights. He's never been there for me anyway, in any way. I'm slightly bitter...but I think men need to man up and start taking responsibility.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• no he should be paying you HALF on the food your child receives, HALF diapers, HALF of anything else that child needs to do. and be there HALF the time. its not just yours to raise even if you have custody
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Its really not your problem what his problems are. You deserve to be getting child support on a regular basis not here and there and not from his Mom either... I mean if she wants to help then thats great but seriously he helped make that baby he needs to take care of it every day for the next 18 years - at least. Tell him to GROW UP and BE A MAN! Maybe some time in jail will help straighten him up.
    Good Luck to you Momma.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Nope he needs to man up. Dont protect him, and if you have to talk to him just tell him you didnt initiate it that the state did it cause you are on assistance. It is out of your hands and he needs to be responsible.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Just imagine bio-dad goes to jail. When your son grows up he will know that you could have stop it by not putting his father in jail.  You will probably have 3 angry people. The bio-dad; his mom; and your son. All because of money. 

Not only that he will have a hard time looking for work with a record hanging over him and some employers won't hire him.  Where is the money going to come from with a record. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• He needs to be responsible for his child.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i didnt press them and idk how to stop them and also i dont hae time to call n say tht cus he dose not help realy?!?!?!?!?
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 3:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• ~Just imagine bio-dad goes to jail. When your son grows up he will know that you could have stop it by not putting his father in jail. You will probably have 3 angry people. The bio-dad; his mom; and your son. All because of money.
    Not only that he will have a hard time looking for work with a record hanging over him and some employers won't hire him. Where is the money going to come from with a record. ~

anon kind of funny bcus wen my son grows up he will also find out his dad said he was another guys child,said i was lying to his mom(my sons grandmother)about it being his,didnt want to tell his mom till our son was 1,then i brought him there and he jumped out the window!!! said he thought me my mom and our son were the cops?!?!?!? good 1 right
    also lol already had a record before the child support he was in rehab while i was pregnant and he did sumthin else little but still........ so idk
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2009