They should take the kids away

I have read a few posts on here that are on very controversial topics. Like smoking around your kids , the lady that had her friend slap her kid ect.. you guys know the posts. In all the post at least one person ( usually a lot more than one) comment how there kids should be taken away. If you smoke in the car with your kids in it they should take your kids away. My question is are you serious? Take children away from people that really love them that might make dumb choices but still care very much about them and put them in foster care. You know some ( not all) foster parents just do it for the check or they could end up in foster hell you know what i mean. Do you really think if someone does something you dont agre with they should have there kids takn away? And also to the ons who say take them away will u be fostering any of these childern that have been riped from there homes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i was smoked around my whole life, since i was born. not to mention I have a wonderful family. my mother and father loved me well. put me in a good home. had 2 jobs just to put foodo n the table and give me toys they never had. i agree
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If that's the case, then my Mom should have lost all of us, and to me she was an awesome Mom, who just happened to have a smoking habit. Yes people know that it's bad for them to be around, but until you have walked a mile in someone elses shoes then don't pass judgment.
    The foster system in our state is horrible, yes it's where children need to be if they are in danger but because of the parents smoking around them is a bit extreme... JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I'd rather a parent smoke around their kids then for them to go to a foster home. I know that sounds bad, but foster homes can really damage a child emotionally and they could end up being way worse then they ever were with a parent who truly loved them, but made the choice to smoke around them. My parents smoked around me and it never affected me. I wouldn't do it, but I'm just saying, it's not a reason to put your children in foster homes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Woman on here are sooo quick to judge. Maybe THEIR kids should be taken from them due to neglect on how much time they spend on the computer. (obviously I'm kidding)
    Where I live, it just became illegal to smoke with a child under the age of 16 in the car. Which is awesome!!! Ya, I smoke, but i don't drive, I was out with a friend once and she wanted to smoke while my daughter was in the car, and there was no way i let that happen. I personally would love to foster some kids, I feel so bad for those innocent children. But, I dont have room where I live. But ya, people need to put a lil more thought into what they say about taking kids from their parents!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I have read through a lot of these abrasive and upsetting posts lately also,and noticed in general a lot of extra negativity on Cafe Mom. I really think that the posters that claim that women should lose their kids over minor things think that that is the only way to teach anyone anything...by strict and absolute punishment tactics.Never mind the children that may suffer, they are too busy punishing the parents to be concerned with children's suffering. It's right up there with the many many PA posts. There are so many that can't be angry about just the parents that are abusing the programs, because everyone with two arms and two legs shouldn't receive PA, they should work the salt mines if that's all they can find...if not...just lazy..take the kids away! The same that resolve to grammatical and spelling errors...when all else fails

Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 12:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009