Please as many ladies as can answer this one!!!!

My husband and i have been married for 3 yrs and are ready to TTC!!!! Were excited but also scared! im sure this is normal to be nervous but theres one thing in particular that im worried about! we have a great marriage and love being together as much as possible! im worried that a starting a family will cause this to suffer. I know we wont have as much alone time as were used to, however we also cant wait to have a family and a baby of our own! Does a baby bring u even closer? Im i worrying for nothing? Is it possible to still have time to urselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It can be hard, I won't lie to you, but it is so worth it. You do have to work harder to find time to yourselves and it may not always be in a conventional way lol. My hubby and I used to do late dinners, like after baby went to bed we would have date night at home. We would rent a movie we both wanted to see, cook a nice dinner together, and then sit and watch the movie and eat dinner. You can also use that time to reconnect by just having a nice conversation about your day too, but for the most part during the time you set aside as couple time, you need to refrain from discussing the baby, finances, work, or anything stressful. Also, planning family outings is another good way to stay connected. When the baby is very young you of course won't want to go out. But at 5 or 6 months old, babies love zoos, parks, playgrounds, and those are great family places. Discuss your worries with your hubby and see how he feels.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yes def. how old are the two of yall? A baby will bring, well pregnancy will bring the two of you closer and when the baby arrives. the baby does sleep. and there are such things called babysitters lol. but im sure when the baby arrices you wont want to leave the babys side until it gets a little bigger month or so you know. good luck hun. its so worth it! dont worry, its such a blessing, and a family period will bring just the two of u closer. goodluck
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• A baby will change your life, you will lose sleep, you will constantly worry about the babys health, if you are doing the right thing and a million other things. No you will not have as much alone time together. Will it bring you closer? you will see your husbands smile on your babys face, his ears the way he looks at you. Your husband will marvel at how your babys hands are exact miniature replicas of your own. You will be amazed at how much you are capable of loving another human being, you would not hesitate for a second to give up your life for your childs. You will change, your relationship will change but it will be worth it. When you have your baby you won't be able to imagine life with out him/or her. you will fall in love all over again with you husband over something as minor as watching him kiss a boo boo
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 12:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My husband and I are definately closer and have a healthier relationship. We still argue, but the arguements are calmer, but are about much more important things.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 12:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I don't think having a baby has changed my husband and I's relationship. If you have a strong marriage now then you should be fine. The first few months are very stressful, sleepless nights, etc, but after that its just like this adorable little person to love forever. You will always be thankful you made that decisoin!!
    twny

Answer by twny at 1:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2009