Is it wrong to turn her phone off?

My SO's ex just filed with CCS to get more CS and she succeeded, its an extra $119 she gets a month now (total $419). We have been paying for SD's cell phone for the last year, his ex basically begged us to. She said she couldn't afford it...well now, we are cash strapped as well, and I think since her mom is getting more money, then SHE should pay SD's cell phone service. I think we should cancel the service and let her mom pay for it now...am I right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• yes u are. if she gets moremoney than yall. she needs to pay for it, its still her child
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If you cant afford it then you cant afford it. Turn off the cell and tell her mom that you cant afford it do to an increase in child support. Be nice about it and tell her you just dont have the extra money.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would cancel the service, and let SD know it isn't punishment, just economics. You don't want her to feel like she is being punished because dad "lost". Her mother now has an additional 119 a month, she should be able to get DD some kind of cell plan with some of that money. I hope it works out.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 1:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Uhm, why isn't SD paying for it?
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009