What "changed" after you married your spouse?

I've been married for 1.5 weeks now (lmao) and nothing has changed. Same old same old, except now we have rings and everyone calls to ask "How's life with hubby/wifey?" (<<<< oh boy.) It's probably because we've lived together for nearly two years now and we have a daughter.

So how did things change for you, emotionally/physically/financially/whatever when you tied the knot?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not a single thing... I wear a ring now, otherwise, nothing changed. We lived together for 2 year prior to marriage. A peice of paper changes nothing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My DH and I lived together for 4 years before getting married. We've been married for 4 years, as well. When we got married, we combined incomes more ( got a joint account, I started doing all the bills). I feel like our relationship has been solidified and we are closer. I feel more relaxed with him and feel like our communication is better. The lusty love has turned into a deeper love and respect for each other.

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We finally got matcing towels and a nice comforter for our bed.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I'm on his insurance now and we pay a lot less in income taxes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We've been married for 14 months and nothing has changed. Except i have health insurance now. lol. that's it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Living together before marriage, 2 people still allowed each other their space and separate lives.
    Being newly married, you live in a state of "honeymoon" for the first few years.
    Once you get tired of seeing something of his that you have "put up with" for years in order to not cause a rift, you will suddenly start saying something about it and asking him to either change it or get rid of it.
    Certain habits may start to bother you out of the blue.
    Buying a new house, furniture, decorations, a car, etc, may cause disputes that you both will have to compromise on.
    Don't worry. So long as there is love, respect, open minds, and a willingness to compromise, then a marriage will work.
    Don't sweat the small stuff and be partners on everything in life - including important life's decisions. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Nothing except rings and an official piece of paper. Although we joked about what the marriage license would say, I said it would say " What's mine is mine and what's yours is now mine( except your debt and fuzzy man slippers, written in fine print).
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh yeah, and we were finally able to get new furniture instead of mix and match pieces from college. We never had a bed set or even a headboard and rails for that fact.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I found out that I just really didnt like him as much as i thought i did. LOL
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We've been married 11 years and he's basically the same guy, with changes allowed for the general things like becoming a parent, buying/selling homes, moving, etc . . . I like him the way he came, no change necessary.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009