How do I get rid of water weight during pregnancy?

I gained so much water weight since my last doctors visit, how do I get rid of some of it?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The only thing that worked for me was to lay on my side for pretty much 2 days straight. I was told to be on bed rest for 2 days. After the second day my feet and legs looked great, but it all came back when I went back to work. The only reason, in my opinion, that walking helps is because the tennis shoes put pressure on your feet and decrease the swelling. Also, if you walk too much it can make you swell even more.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• bascially t lose water weight you have to drink plenty of water and WALK.. i know drink water huh? well right now your body is in "survival mode" which is when your body is thirsty it automatically starts to retain all the water it receives. to get rid of that problem you have to drink plenty of WATER, not tea or any kind of sodas. just WATER.... and walk more often. do something that makes you sweat, sweat will help you lose any puffiness in your ankles, wrist, or arms legs etc. jus try to walk it off. and remb drink plenty of water to get out of survival mode.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• you cant enjoy being pregnant an the weight worry about it after ur baby is born!!!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009