i've never EVER bled after a pap smear or exam...untill now.

the doc checked my cervix to see if i was dialated last wk (i was 1cm) after that i got brown discharge like what you get before/after your period. this time (a week from the first time) i bled bright red blood, it really scared me b/c i've always thought that it's bad when you bleed during pregnancy. the doc said it was normal though, as long as it goes away after a while. also, each time they checked my cervix it was very painful. i havent been having sex. is the cervix just more sensitive during the last month of pregnancy or what? also i felt crampy when i stood up from the exam table and untill i got home and layed down. i'm 36 wks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• All this is normal...when they check the cervix, it will cause irritation...when blood is red it is fresh...brown means that it is old. Also, by having sex, it will help your cervix prepare for labor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• as long as is not like period then is k. when i was check i used to spot
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I was 9weeks and I bled a little during mine
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Each time I was checked for dilation I bled. I cramped too. It's normal, and this late in pregnancy, it isn't altogether a bad thing to have the cramping. I mean, you want the baby, right?
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009