Why do boys have the need to speed?

My son is 5 years old, I have 3 girls. He is a luanitic when it comes to his bike, scooter, or anything with wheels-he goes so fast, some times crashing into people or things. What is up with that? Do they ever slow down? YOU THINK THEY WOULD LEARN THE FIRST TIME. ;)

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my mother had 6 boys and 3 girls. The boys were always going fast...faster....fastest !! they built go- karts and bikes with ridiculously high seats and choppers etc. I have 2 boys myself , I guess I am just used to it. My brothers had more stitches, wounds, broken bones than any of us girls. in fact I do't think any of the girls ever broke a bone, and each brother had at least 1 if not more. It is a guy/testostertone (sp) thing

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• PS I have a 6 y.o. and I always make sure he is wearing his helment when he is playing on his bike, skooter, skate board, sled, skates etc etc I also have him wear knee, elbow and wrist pads just in case. If he doesn't then I will ground him for a week from the above mentioned items.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Ok, think about the question you just asked...about a boy...future man. Learn? Seriously? This would imply logic-I don't think so! He can't help himself mom..after all it is the Y chromosone...WHY WHY WHY LOL Case in point. We bought a new shop vac last night. We thought it would be fun to let our 3 and 4 yr old sons play in the box. That lasted a whole fraction of a second. Then they thought it would be fun to take turns getting inside the box while the other one jumped as hard as the could on the outside of the box. I looked at DH and said "Oh yeah, this has emergency room written all over it." And sure enough the 3 yr old hit the box the right way and sprained the wrist of our 4 yr old. No ER this time...but only a man.....
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• LOL....that is so cute!
    I think I was influenced by 2 of my younger brothers who were close to my age - we challenged each other constantly on speeding. We only had one yellow bicycle with no seat to share, though, and our house sat on a hill...lol. Such good times!!!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2009