Why are people so mean and rude on here?

Is is the anonymity that gives people a feeling that they can behave anyway they want to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Again, seriously? This question is asked daily. Go up there to the right hand top side in the yellow box and click on Common Questions for all your answers....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Prime example...AP...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Why are you so stupid? JUST KIDDING! See it is just that easy, and then you get to hide behind the anon button...what do mean people have to lose? I think it is almost like a sport for some women. Sad really.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I've been a victim of rudeness, too, which is why I don't ask too many questions and don't get involved with highly sensitive or controversial topics.
    I did ask a simple question and an Anon took a look at my profile and looked at the first word at the top before they left a message throwing it back in my face and assumed I was lying. Then another Anon for the same question told me that the forums are for the moms with kids of those ages, not for the kids themselves. She obviously did not read my question because I stated I was a mom with a child that age...LOL.
    How do I handle it? I give them an answer to their puzzlement or accusation in a nonaggressive tone and then I thank them for asking because I'm sure other people may have the same questions and now they can be clarified.
    Never be rude or aggressive with anyone on here because it only encourages it further. Kill them with politeness and kindness. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You need to find a great group that you enjoy, trust me, they are out there!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• A woman once left an insulting comment on one of my questions. It was obvious to me that she had misunderstood exactly what I was talking about. So, I posted a comment below hers that politely explained what I had actually been trying to get across, and why her response was irelevent. You know what? She actually apologized, then agreed with me once she realized what I was asking! :)
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I recently made a post about some MIL issues I was having. I also typed it while bf'ing my ds. So some smart ass anon posts saying that well I should just get over it, I probably annoy my MIL too. And then felt the need to remark upon my spelling and grammar. Yeah, sorry having my son in one arm makes typing a small challenge. Man there are some b**chy women on here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• dont worry i feel the same way .. i dont like the moms on her .. they r mostly all b*tchy .. they just hate theyre lives .. and they dont have lives soo they come on here and yell and complain to everyone ... soo dont worry they are not any better than any of us .. and its called karma .. it will get to them too ... :) hang in there .. i get the same mean a$$ comments too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We all get rude things said to us, me I just ignore them most of the time. They are not worth my stressing over, please life has enough stresses without letting someone who just wants to get bitchy get to you.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 6:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2009